LOOKING FOR A REASON TO GO VEGAN THIS CHRISTMAS? WE HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS!
Christmas is the time of the year when our focus is on celebrations and spending time with our loved ones! Looking for recipes and food to suit everyone’s taste and dietary habits is always a challenge. There are plenty of vegan foods and recipes available now for you to try and serve your guests. To celebrate this holiday season, we have teamed with our friends at Rule Breakers to add some fun to our plant-based food meals! Our lentil bowls are now available with a pack of your favorite pumpkin spice bites. We now have a meal with a dessert for that sweet craving you could have after a flavorful and spicy meal! So, we now have a meal and a dessert combination that is not only vegan, but also gluten-free, nut free, dairy free, along with 15g of complete first-class plant-based protein!
Since our ready-to-eat lentil bowls are prepared based on the Ayurveda principles, we have added spices that help in balancing all “Doshas”. Doshas are the five elements that control your body, and they are air, earth, space, water, and fire. To summarize this simple but very important science, it means that every meal you have should have a note of the six tastes – sweet, sour, salty, spicy, bitter, astringent. Adding these tasty cookie bites to our lentil bowls, also contributes our philosophy of including a sweet and healthy treat along with your meal!
This could be a perfect gift also to send to your vegan friends who are already vegan, or also to encourage your friends who are trying to go vegan or vegetarian. With these tasty ready-to-eat foods, I am sure you will be able to show them the goodness and motivation to go plant-based! These ready-to-eat meals perfect on-the-go meals and since they are freeze-dried, they are an ideal companion during travel and also if you are into backpacking.
The health benefits of switching to a plant-based diet are numerous, but here are some very important ones:
- Plant-based foods promote healthy cellular aging - that means it keeps you young 😊- Plant based foods are naturally rich in vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. They are rich in healthy fiber, antioxidants, and unsaturated fats, unlike the meats that are processed and contain high amounts of saturated fat.
- Plant-based diets are great for brain health – Studies have shown that including at least 2-3 servings of vegetables and fruits in your diet increases brain health and reduces cognitive impairment and dementia.
- Helps in maintaining a healthy body weight- Since plant-based foods are naturally high fiber, they are more filling, satisfying, and increases satiety. This means your body will not crave for foods when it is not hungry! By cutting out these in-between hunger pangs, you will naturally save on those extra and unwanted calories which would mainly come from snacking on unhealthy junk foods.
- Lowers the risk of diabetes and heart diseases – Vegetarians, vegans, and people consuming plant-based foods on a regular basis, have found to have reduced the chances of developing diabetes and other heart conditions. The major reason being that plant-based diets are naturally rich in fiber, low in fat, and rich in antioxidants. These plant compounds with the antioxidant activity which regulate the blood sugar in our body.
- It is good the planet – According to The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, it takes 11 times more fossil energy and 100 times more water to produce animal protein than it does plant protein.
I am sure the above reasons are some good food for thought to consider switching to a vegan or a vegetarian lifestyle. Enjoy your time this holiday season and I wish you lots of good health and happiness today and in the coming year!